VGA

This describes answers to common questions that you may discover with the your video messaging system. Someone will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

chasiyana

VGA

Post by chasiyana »

When connecting my laptop to my tv using a VGA cord how do I set the computer to auto adjust the resolution? I am running Windows Vista on my Toshiba laptop. Before I performed a full restore on it I was able to connect my laptop to my Samsung Tv using a VGA cord and the computer would automatically adjust the resolution when I connected and disconnected the cord. Now when I plug it in, It's like I have two seperate moniters. How do I mike it so what I'm seeing on my laptop is what I'm seeing on my Tv? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by chasiyana on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Re: VGA

Post by mjstrand »

Every laptop is different, but it all starts by right clicking on your desktop, selecting properties (or personalize on windows 7 or vista). select display and change your display settings. You should see your laptop screen and the tv screen at the top. on the Multiple Displays setting, set it to "Duplicate these displays". You will probably need to adjust the resolutions of both screens to make it look right.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.