Why does my digital signage stop updating?

This describes answers to common questions that you may discover with the your video messaging system. Someone will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mjstrand
Site Admin

Why does my digital signage stop updating?

Post by mjstrand »

My digital signage was running great, then it all of a sudden stopped. I can refresh the screen and it restarts the first digital signage screen and then it just sits there. Why isn't it advancing to the next slide?
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Your Business Hours setting

Post by mjstrand »

This is most likely because the time of the day has moved out of what the Business Hours are set at. Online-Kiosks defaults to business hours of Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Once you get outside of your business hours setting, the kiosk is updated once per hour to keep the connection alive and to reduce your overall bandwidth usage (so you dont have to purchase additional bandwidth for your subscription). The preview kiosk area of the kiosk setup area works properly at all times of the day and waits 5 minutes on the last kiosk page.

If you need to change your business hours setting, log into your account, click on the Background menu selection and change the days of the week that you work as well as your starting and ending times.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.