Sign.exe

Watch this forum for changes to the various digital signage systems that are available. You can also suggest new ideas here and know when they are completed.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mjstrand
Site Admin

Sign.exe

Post by mjstrand »

From Alan - Bank of Ann Arbor

There is now a sign.exe to download in the download area for our kiosk, which we downloaded, but we are having trouble with it. The first problem is that we made a change (deleted a slide) that still shows up when running the sign.exe. I still have a copy of the last kiosk.exe I downloaded and it works fine with that. The other issue is that it doesn?t stop when you hit the spacebar (which may actually be a good thing in our case with the number of bumping keyboard issues we have). We have to hit the esc key to make the window smaller then close it to get it to stop.

Anyway, we are working fine with an older kiosk.exe, but I wanted to let you know of this new sign.exe issue. I also have not had much of a chance to test the one you sent me. Is this the same version as that?
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Sign.exe updated version info

Post by mjstrand »

Thanks alan. The new system actually uses 3 servers for the reading, so if one goes down, it will continue reading from our backup servers. It actually starts from ip.online-kiosks.net because we have more bandwidth available. That one "should" get updated with your setup changes once per minute. I definately want to do that sequence for the small tv screens, and I will probably change the sequence for the full playback so that it uses the strandvision server right away.

Also, I changed the keystroke to exit to the enter key. If you have any other recommendations (escape makes sense, doesnt it), I can add them as well. Also, page down advances the page.

So, with these two changes, you will need to redownload the sign.exe again. Give me 30 minutes to get it up there.

Thanks Alan! I appreciate your feedback.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.