automatically starting-up digital signage

This describes answers to common questions that you may discover with the your video messaging system. Someone will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

unregistered user

automatically starting-up digital signage

Post by unregistered user »

how do i automatically start my digital signage? Is it done by hardware or through software? any help would be greatly appreciated.
mjstrand
Site Admin

starting up for windows

Post by mjstrand »

It depends on which operating system you are using. On a windows system, you would put a shortcut to the program you want to start up in the windows program startup group. The easiest way to do that is to right click on the start menu (typically on the bottom left of your screen on the windows toolbar) and select "explore". That will open a windows browser to your programs folder. open the "programs" folder, then open the "startup" folder. If you have a shortcut to your program on the desktop, drag the icon into the startup folder using the "Right" mouse button (not the left). when you release the button, make a copy of the shortcut icon. The next time you log in, that program will automatically start.

Hopefully that is along the lines of what you are asking. If you need it, I can help you to get rid of the login message on various operating systems. I need to know which one you are working with though. If you would need a kiosk software to automatically start, check out http://www.strandvision.com. It may be helpful to you. Good luck! Mike Strand
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.