VGA cable and audio cables

This describes answers to common questions that you may discover with the your video messaging system. Someone will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

ushangry

VGA cable and audio cables

Post by ushangry »

How do you connect a laptop to a tv using a VGA cable and audio cables? Having some trouble trying to connect my laptop to my television. I bought a VGA cable and audio cables. What program should I use on the computer for it to show up on the tv? Which mode on my tv should i set it to, av1, or....?I hear the sound but no picture. Please help!
Last edited by ushangry on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjstrand
Site Admin

Re: VGA cable and audio cables

Post by mjstrand »

If your laptop and screen both have a vga connection, it should be a pretty straight forward connection. You need to tell your television to use the vga port with the on-screen input menu. There is probably a button on your remote or your tv to select the input source. It would probably say "computer", "PC" or "VGA" as the source selection.

You also need to tell your laptop to send the signal to the external vga port. There is probably a key sequence that you can press to go between laptop screen, external screen or both. If you are unable to find that, you may be able to let it auto-detect by restarting your laptop with the screen powered on and connected to the computer.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.