Mixing pictures and text on the kiosk

Watch this forum for changes to the various digital signage systems that are available. You can also suggest new ideas here and know when they are completed.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

mjstrand
Site Admin

Mixing pictures and text on the kiosk

Post by mjstrand »

What I have been asked to do for the demo is to basically transfer 10-20 powerpoint slides over to your system. Unless I am missing something, I don?t see a way to mix pictures & text. And, I don?t see a way to mix fonts sizes & color text.
Dave Swetnam
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.
mjstrand
Site Admin

An image can be used for now

Post by mjstrand »

At this time, that is true. We have about 4 main templates that display all the kiosk pages. One of them is a paragraph. We are planning on adding the ability to add one picture to any paragraph that comes in. Online-Kiosks.net is gathering a photo for each piece of national news for when this is completed. As you can probably imagine, getting text to be as dynamic as Word or Powerpoint provides on a web site is not easy. there is no way to send "selected text" information back to the server (at least that I know of). And most people dont have a clue on html tags, so that is really not an option. So for now, we have kept it simple.

Actually, the easiest way to do what you are after is to use a screen capture program to capture each image while the presentation is running. Then create a new kiosk slide using the photo kiosk type for each page to be displayed. You dont want to load 10 on one kiosk page because they are randomly selected and wouldnt give you the result you are after. If you dont have a screen capture program, we could help you convert it. Do you think that kind of service would be valuable to customers? That wasnt in out business model, but I am thinking that maybe it could be beneficial to helping customers and increasing sales.
Mike is president of StrandVision Digital Signage and also does business marketing consulting through MikeStrand.com.